Speech Language Services for Adults
The Hearing and Speech Center offers Speech Language therapy for:
- Dysarthria: Improve an individual's ability to produce speech sounds when muscle weakness or discoordination impact intelligibility.
- Apraxia: Improve an individual's ability to produce speech sounds when there is an inability or compromised ability to execute the motor movements.
- Voice Disorders: Improve an individual's harsh, hoarse, raspy voice quality as the result of overuse/abuse, nodules, or degenerative diseases.
- Language Delay/Disorders: Improve an individual's ability to express ideas or understand the speech of others.
- Neurogenic Disorders: Improve the communication abilities of individuals who are experiencing or have experienced Traumatic Brain Injury, Aphasia, Parkinson's, ALS, etc.
- Fluency/Stuttering: Improve an individual's ability to produce fluent speech.
- Auditory Processing Disorders: Improve an individual's ability to process/understand speech and language.
- Aural Rehabilitation: Improve the communication abilities of individuals with hearing loss - Hearing Aids and/or Cochlear Implants.
The Hearing and Speech Center Staff strive to meet the communication needs of all our clients - clinicians know and use American Sign Language.
Please contact the GUHSC front desk administrator, Shari' Parks, at 202-651-5328 (v/tty) or 202-250-2119/toll free 866-957-1232 (vp) to schedule an appointment or to inquire about specific fees.